HEYYYY BOOK PALS
I WAS TAGGED BY THE LOVELY DANIELLE FROM OVER AT CHRONICLES OF DANIELLE TO DO THIS TAG SO I FOR ONCE AM GOING TO COME THROUGH AND DO IT YAYYYY
You must be honest
You must answer all the questions
You must tag at least 4 people
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
The longest book to be on my shelf is for sure my original copies of The Hunger Games that I read back in 2011/12. The one that has been there the longest unread however is probably Crossed and Reached by Ally Condie.
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
My current read is Vigilante by Kady Cross and I have only just started it so I don’t have a solid opinion of it yet but I will have a review of it very soon! My next read I think will either be The Blazing Star or A Court of Mist and Fury (re read)
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
I could name 101 books for this but just to name one I would have to say the Throne of Glass series, just found it to be very over rated and not as good as her other series. I also found it to be very boring and drag on in a few parts that made me lose interest super fast.
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
I forever keep on telling myself that I will get around to reading the Bloodlines series books but honestly I just cant bear to part with the Vampire Academy characters that I don’t think I will read them.
5. What book are you saving for retirement?
Honestly I’ll probably re read heaps of my faves like The Hunger Games, The Medora Chronicles and Nevernight when I’m retired just over and over again.
6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?
Whoever reads the last page of a book first is not human ahah, but seriously usually the worst of spoilers, plot twists and cliffhangers are back there.
7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
Ah I love the acknowledgements, especially when the author adds cool and quirky points in the back and I also love to read about what has inspired them throughout their journey and a little more of an idea as to the way in which the story was created.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
I would love to switch places with Feyre from A Court of Mist and Fury just so I could steal Rhysand for myself haha, also because I feel like the Night Court would be an absolute amazing site to see.
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
My original copies of The Hunger Games hold many old memories, they were the books that got me back into reading, got me into the Young Adult books. They also helped me through an incredibly tough and sad time of my life and for that I will forever be thankful, I feel as though those books bring back so much peace and happiness that back then 12 year old me struggled to find.
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
I got my copy of Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalickici in a very interesting and special way, they sent it to me after I helped them spread the word about their new book coming out on my very old instagram that was back then dedicated to The Hunger Games, and since that day, they have since used my name as a character in book two Hunted and I’m so over the moon excited to have got this book, it was actually the first book I had got when I started blogging.
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
I have given a million books that I found special to me, to my mum to read as she is a very special person to me so I guess that counts right??
12. Which book has been with you most places?
My copy of Akarnae has been everywhere, it even came with me to America when I went to Disneyland!!! Other than that I haven’t been anywhere else where I have taken books that were special to me.
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
Too Kill A Mockingbird was probably the only one that I actually adored from one of the school books that I had to read.
14. Used or brand new?
New, I’m not very fond of second hand books for some reason and prefer to just buy them brand new, however I have had second hand books and still love them!
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
No, not really interested in them either.
16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
Hated the Maze Runner books but loved the movies so that would have to be my choice, Mainly probably because Dylan Obrien and well because we weren’t in Thomas’ annoying head.
17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?
Don’t think so, not unless reading a cookbook counts?
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
I will take my close friends who I know have the same book taste as me, otherwise I won’t take anyone’s advice but my own and if it sounds up my alley, I’ll give it a go.
19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
I usually hate the genre of sci fi, however I found that I adored Illuminae and Fire in the Woods. I adored them both and also can’t wait to read more instalments of the both of them which I never thought I would.
THATS A WRAP
NOW TAGGING TIME: